Monday 17 March, 2008

Food and Hunger

I have been living. Since 21 years and a few months I have been continuously living. God! I have done one heck of a job! I know there are infinite no of people who have done much better than myself and will keep doing. Nevertheless, that doesn’t take anything away from me. I have made most of the time available to me! I mean, I couldn’t have lived even a femtosecond more than I’ve been able to live. ;)

I think. Yes, sometimes, I think. I think of my life, its purpose, worth and related stuffs. Generally, the conclusion is that I am the best. Not as in “better than Albert Einstein”. But the best form of Rohan Singh possible. I am a person who is obsessed with “mediocrity”. I have never worked hard for anything in life. I might have fared “better” on umpteen occasions. I lack the killer instinct so very essential for survival in the cut-throat competition of this world. I, very sincerely, feel that I have been very lucky to have had all the various experiences of my life. Be it the bigger joys or the smaller trivialities or the greatest disasters. But, I am happy. I am satisfied.

Yes, dad says that this is the reason I don’t do well enough. I pacify myself by telling that this is the reason I’m happy. (Dad wants me to work hard; I in turn ask him to maaro peace a bit. Both would do well to pay heed to each other. But the stubborn father-son duo that we are, we only end up giving mom some more things to worry about.) I do realize that this situation might not last forever. I fear that I might run out of this luck. I dread that someday I would look back into my life and find opportunities lost, chances missed and dreams shattered.

Well, again I don’t do much about it either. I just hope that whenever that day, that moment arrives; alongside the lost opportunities, missed chances and shattered dreams; I find some successes enjoyed, some laughs had and some food eaten. :D

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Masto About me likhe ho.
Waise, why food and hunger? Has it anything to do with success and cravings? And peace ke mamle mein I can't comment kyon ki mere dictionary mein Peace hai hi nahi.

ronsin said...

@rahul
thanks for the appreciation...
was not able to think of a title... so was the case with the last couple of words of the post... so i just used the same... actually while in high school i was bored of the question "Is the title of the story justified?" it always had the same answer... so gave a totally arbit title to spice up things a bit... ;)
you dont need a word in your dictionary... you are peace personified... :P

baachi said...

ronscorp..
the kind of feel i get, by looking at u directly and through ur blogs (last two posts atleast) are totally conflicting..so may be this is the other side of u.. :P

ronsin said...

@baachi
this surely is... both sides are equally real... and yes, their might be other sides too... you never know... nor do i... ;)

Unknown said...

You can't go out of luck until I am there to make frusst (if at all) and I am sure you must had someone in the past and would have someone special to make you frusst(again....if at all). :D

ronsin said...

anurag dear, becoming frust isn't too bad a luck... :P with the amt of frustnes i spread... i take all of them directed towards me in my stride... life teaches a hell lot of things... ;)

. said...

wow. u express even the simple thoughts so well..

at first glance the title got me a bit skeptical.. given the way past few days have gone. but luckily, it was not so much about frusstapa this time and i even got to have a genuine laughter once in between.. the mumma line. :)

the start was awesome. u cud not have done a better job ;) and i like ur frankness here. i can associate myself with your thoughts as i have a similar tendency of lacking killer instinct and peace maaring. nice ending.. touching :)

ronsin said...

@.
thanks a lot... i rarely thank a person... rarer still i stop there... i'm too flattered to write anything more than another thanks... :)

kandy said...

dude..the happiness ur talkin about is not actually happiness...ur state suggests to me that u hav lifted urself a level or two above in quest of nirvana (maybe u dont knw it) and this worldly achievements doesnt interests u anymore ( the reason for the lack of ur killer instincts). the rexn of joy or sadness on occurence of any event would draw out emotions from u much less in magnitude than what it would from some other avg person. so the happiness u experience is much less than what an avg person senses.......this is what i feel...i knw i might be wrong!!!!

ronsin said...

@kandy
this really feels nice i hope that you are not wrong ;)
yes very interesting and serious comments... :)
btw, the happiness or sadness is more of an impulsive... then it gradually dies own... in my case luckily or unluckily... it seems to die down earlier... but the ecstasy or the sting remains hidden somewhere deep inside... always!!!

Genie said...

very well written...and about the 'luck' lasting forever thing...well it doesn't even matter if you are happy with the way things are...and that is what matters most.

ronsin said...

@genie
thanks a lot for the appreciation!!! btw the running out of luck thing was for the time when i would not be happy... ;)

Garam Samosa said...

Superb, Mate. Wishing that your dreams last for ever and may you be the bestest Rohan Singh that you have been. Keep Amusing me and the world and yeah, keep living and eating!
Hail Food!!!

ronsin said...

@garam samosa
thanks a lot... appreciation accepted after many many amplifications... :D