Monday 14 April, 2008

FAT(E)al

Why did I clear JEE? If someone had asked this question about three years ago, back then, I would have told - to study. If the question pops up now, I would probably say - to forget studies and secure a decent future. Maybe 5-10 years down the line, if someone happens to ask me this same very question, the answer, I’m sure, is going to be starkly different. I feel my reply then would most likely be: “To watch movies…”

 

Oh no, all you people out there (in front of your respective computer/laptop screens), don’t you dare write it off as yet another thoughtless blabbering. In fact, all of you should commend me for this. Yeah, you for sure can’t figure out any genius here right? Well, sample this:

“You know, when I had sailed off in “The Pursuit of Indya”, I was very much hopeful of finding it. But little did I know then that God had different intentions. God was actually guiding me towards America...”

-          Christopher Columbus

(Discovery of America Speech – 1517)

 

Still didn’t get it? Come on! All right, all right! I am explaining. Christopher Columbus needed almost a quarter of a century to realize that God was playing a game with him. That all the glory and fame was just his destiny! And here I am, right in front of my laptop screen, in full consciousness knowing what God has been doing with me.

 

Why are all of you so blank? I can't believe it. What, you still don't get it? Well, all that I am trying to get into your thick-as-a-wall head is this: I have cracked God’s/Gods’ code. Well, it is not exactly “the code”; but it most certainly is a small sub-program/function, of “the code”, which takes care of the days I spend in IIT. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I hereby confirm that I now know what exactly this/these God/Gods are trying to do. I know this right now when He/She/They is/are all busy playing this very game with me.

 

Yes! finally you all get it, right? Don’t even dare say “No”! ;)

15 comments:

Garam Samosa said...

Machhhhhhaaxxxxxxxxxx Post...Kuch God ho tum..ekdum mood fresh bhaat...abe aur suno, humko bhi batana ye code...

ronsin said...

@garam samosa
Machhhhhhaaxxxxxxxxxx aadmi ho tum jo isse mood fresh ho gaya!!! was neither my remotest expectation nor intention... i have gone terribly somewhere... :( :D

. said...

kyaaaaaa tha yeh??? BACHAOOOO!!!!

i still dont get whether i got it or not.. i am even not sure what you wanted me to get or rather not get. whatever, finally i have NOT got it. but i GOT that even if i will get it, i still wont get it. GOT IT????

ronsin said...

@.
yes, yes... i get it completely!!! :D
nice befitting comment for the post, i suppose... :)

Anonymous said...

What a noble idea!!! Bhai maan gaye.
'IITs are Americas and all IITians are Columbuses.'
That's I think the great moral of this fable.
Well notable political correctness observed in "this/these God/Gods" as well as "He/She/They is/are".
This should take care of both religious and gender rights maniacs.
overall a very smooth way to invoke a great concept in thick as wall heads.

ronsin said...

@rahulmunshi
it is your greatness that you find something meaningful out of my crap... for me it was just a story.... thanks for letting me know the moral... :D
and the political correctness shown is thanks to you!!!

Green Sapphires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Green Sapphires said...

You have an uncanny ability to make bhaat out of nothing...A common element of all your posts and a default gift for readers to just empty out their brains here..
Nice Post.

ronsin said...

@ravenwild
believe me i'm not using all the readers' brains... where do all those brains end is a really intriguing question!!!
thanks nevertheless... :)

anurag said...

The timing for the post can't be better than this!
I totally agree (aero too) with you that we are here for watching movies and watching movies and who cares because at the end of day what matters is our placements which we'll get anyways.....I guess I am not getting overconfident. :D
And yes the post was really fatal.

ronsin said...

@anurag
thanks for the appreciation... it is actually a very nice to know that i've got so many appreciative friends...
regarding the placement... nahi bhi laga to kuchh saala chala lena from the spoils of the internship... :P

baachi said...

well.. ronsin...u gotta do some godly or may be crazy deeds like the ones in my blog to avoid such thoughts...however if u r enjoying with these (i hope u r not), then carry on..but believe me the former is too gud.. :P

ronsin said...

@baachi
i'm not godly enough to emulate you... or even have the guts to even try it... :D

The-one-who-thought-this said...

What the hell was that...???
I read it 3 times...Didn't get what it was all bout the 1st time..After the 2nd time I had a doubt on my understanding skills..And after the 3rd effort ,these words escaped my mouth:Gandhi tujhe to mein hi maarunga!!!

ronsin said...

@the-one-....
thanks a lot... for reading the post thrice... and also for showering all the appreciation...
waise mujhe maar lena... aakhir main 1 missed call bhi nahi maarta hoon... jeene ka haq nahi hai mujhe... :D